- Technical Specifications
- Scoring System
- Sample Project
Fun Walls are interactive climbing walls that engage both children and adults in the challenge of climbing and the fun of play. Colorful and dynamic, they bring the participants to a world of climbable medieval castles, labyrinths, beanstalks, spider webs, dark chimneys and many more.
Climbing develops a sense of balance, precision and courage, but the best part of it is that it comes naturally to everyone. The team behind Fun Walls combined these benefits with the growth of the climbing scene worldwide, and designed a series of interactive challenges. They have created an amusement attraction that embraces active entertainment and attracts a very wide public by not requiring any special skills or training.
Fun Walls are suitable for a wide variety of indoor venues and locations. Elements can be made of fiber glass in order to be used outdoors.
Family Entertainment Centers
There are some technical specifications that need to be kept in mind when determining whether or not your venue is appropriate for Fun Walls. Each Fun Wall element requires at least 6.5 meters ( 21 feet) of ceiling height. More height may be needed, depending on the height of the element itself. The standard Fun Walls heights are 6, 7 and 8 meters (19.5/23/26 feet), however, custom sizes are available upon request.
Each climbing route requires an area of at least 10 square meters (107.5 square feet) for safety reasons.
All elements are equipped with Onbelay Autobelay Devices, that can support climbers who weigh 15 - 150 kilograms (33- 330 pounds).
Min. Height 6 m/19.5 ft - requires 6.5 m/21 ft ceiling height
Standard Heights 6/7/8 m
Min. Area / Element 10 sq. m./107.52 sq. ft. per climbing route
Weight Restrictions Min.
15 kg/ 33 lbs
Max. 150 kg/ 330 lbs
Belaying Device All elements are equipped with Onbelay Autobelay Devices
Custom Custom Fun Wall sizes are available upon request.
The OnBelay Device is Safety Engineering’s response to managing risk and reducing operational costs in climbing gym centers.
The OnBelay is a hydraulic automatic belaying device that eliminates the need for a belayer. The device automatically retracts the cable during ascent and controls the speed during descent or in the case of a fall.
Onbelay is a great long term investment:
- Attracts more single and beginner climbers;
- Reduces the staff needed;
- Is fully redundant;
- Has low maintenance costs;
- On-site serviceable;
- Needs minimum downtime – no annual shipment of the auto belay device for re-certification;
- CE certified by DEKRA Exam;
- The only European air over hydraulic hydro-pneumatic auto belay;
The Self Belay is an innovative climbing connector, which increases safety in climbing and adventure centers by allowing users to climb only when they are properly attached to the device. The connector cannot be opened accidentally or on purpose during climbing - users can connect to and disconnect from the device only when they are on the ground. The Self Belay not only contributes to climbng safety, but also helps operations by reducing the number of required staff members. Participants as young as 5 years of age can use the device on their own. See the Self Belay in action by watching this video.
Features at a glance:
- Compact, yet durable design: size and weight comparable to triple-action carabiners currently in use
- Compatible with both textile webbing and steel wire rope autobelay devices
- 360º swivel action to eliminate webbing/rope twisting
- Meets and exceeds the standard EN 362:2004T Personal protective equipment against fall from a height – Connectors
Fun Walls Elements
NEW! Graffiti Fun Walls
Meet the newest design possibility - the Fun Walls Graffiti Elements. Designed by a notable local graffiti artist, the new theme line aims to appeal better to teenagers and young adult and fit well in facilities with conteporary urban architecture and design. Each visual can be printed on a variety of basic Fun Walls.
Basic Fun Walls
Our basic Fun Walls are climbing elements with an engaging appearance that give facilities a unique look. Climbers can work their way up a labyrinth, canyon or even a giraffe!
- Low Cost
- Fast Production
- Low Maintenance
Premium Fun Walls
Our Premium Fun Walls take climbing to a whole new level. With interactive elements such as LED lights, moving holds, timers, knobs and buttons, each premium wall poses an extra dose of excitement!
- Interactivity and gamification of the elements
- Multiplayer elements
- Variety of challenges
Fun Walls Scoring System
Our scoring system is desgined to turn the Fun Walls experience into a competitive challenge, and to keep participants coming back for more. Not only does the new software promote group activities in climbing centers, but it also gives participants' visits a sense of purpose, as they are no longer coming in just to climb, but to beat their friends' high scores!
✔ Increases recurring visitors
✔ Encourages group visits
✔ Gives operators the opportunity to create challenges and give awards to bring in more customers
✔ Keeps children and adults interested and entertained
1. The participant is given an RFID bracelet. He scans it at the scoring system kiosk, and creates a new profile if he does not already have one.
2. The participant logs in.
3. In order to activate a climbing wall, the participant scans his bracelet at the wall's RFID checkpoint.
4. The participant selects a game/route.
5. The route is activated and the participant begins climbing and pressing the wall's interactive components.
6. The participant reaches the end of the route as quickly as he can and presses the finish button at the top.
7. Participants' scores are displayed on scoreboards throughout the climbing center, and friends can try and beat each other's high scores!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Fun Walls made of?
All materials used in the elements are non-hazardous and perfectly safe. The basic materials are:
- Steel elements S235, zinc plated
- Steel elements S235, primed and painted
- Zinc plated fasteners Grade 8.8, 10.9
- Stainless steel fasteners AISI 316
- Exterior birch plywood 18mm
- Glass reinforced plastics panels
- Polyurethane paint
- Acrylic paint
- Silicon sand 0.16mm
- Polyester holds
- Polyamide handles
Where can a Fun Wall be installed?
Standard Fun Walls elements are designed to be installed indoors on a concrete floor, and attached to the vertical support structure of an existing building. Selfstanding modules of the Fun Walls elements are available upon request.
What are the age restrictions for Fun Walls elements?
The recommended age is six years, although it is up to parents to decide whether their child can participate. It is most important to bear in mind that there is a minimum weight of 15 kg/33 lbs required. We also recommend that all participants under eleven years of age are accompanied by a guardian.
What is the minimum height of the building where Fun Walls can be located?
6 meter elements require at least 6.5 m clear ceiling height.
8 meter elements require at least 8.5m clear ceiling height.
What else should I be considering?
We recommend that you divide the Fun Walls area into three sections:
- Play area - where the Fun Walls elements are located;
- Briefing room - where safety briefing is conducted;
- Event room (s) - where corporate and birthday parties take place.